We are looking for a seasoned, New York City-based front end developer who is motivated to create forward-thinking website experiences. You will work with our UI/UX design team and bridge the gap between web design and technical implementation, taking an active role defining how the application functions, and replicating UI/UX designs to spec.
- Fully develop new website layouts and user experiences
- Help maintain and enhance existing websites
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Integrate front-end code into content management systems, customizing CMS as needed
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders, including designers and producers on a daily basis
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and promote usability best practices
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven work experience as a front-end web developer with keen attention to detail (5+ years of agency experience required)
- Compelling online portfolio with relevant website examples
- Proficient understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment).
- Skills across the full stack of HTML5, CSS3 and JS.
- Proficient knowledge or the ever-changing web and mobile development landscape, including current libraries like React, Vue.js, etc.
- Proficient understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser testing and debugging.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of SEO principles, ensuring applications will adhere to them.
- Working knowledge of PHP, specifically as it applies to a CMS such as Wordpress or Modx will be a plus.
- Can collaborate with designers, art directors, animators and producers effortlessly.
- UI/UX design capabilities a (big) plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resumé and a relevant portfolio to email@example.com.