We are seeking a talented, well-versed creative frontend developer to join our team.
The role will involve realizing designs to produce responsive, performant websites. This will range from full-scale creation to expansion and upgrading of current websites and minor tweaks. You will work with our UI/UX design team and bridge the gap between web design and technical implementation, taking an active role in defining how the application functions and replicating UI/UX designs to spec.
What you'll do
- Fully develop new website layouts and user experiences
- Help maintain and enhance existing websites
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Integrate front-end code into content management systems, ensuring an intuitive content management experience
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders, including designers, project managers, and producers
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and promote usability best practices
What you'll bring
The ideal candidate would be communicative, deadline-driven, and would have the following experience:
- Proven work experience as a front-end web developer with keen attention to detail (5+ years of agency-level experience required)
- Compelling online portfolio with relevant website examples
- Proficient understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Proficient knowledge of the ever-changing web and mobile development landscape, including current libraries such as React, Vue.js, etc.
- Proficient understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser testing and debugging
- Proficient in implementing front-end code into Content Management Systems such as WordPress and Modx
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of SEO principles, ensuring applications will adhere to them
- Working knowledge of PHP, specifically as it applies to a CMS such as WordPress or Modx, will be a plus
- Can collaborate with designers, art directors, animators, and producers effortlessly
How to apply
Send your resumé and a relevant portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.